[Soot-list] Eclipse Plugin

Vitor Rodrigues vitor at di.unito.it
Tue Jan 26 10:22:19 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm having trouble in the installation of Soot inside Eclipse (the command-
line soot works fine). So first I tried to use the "update repository" using
Eclipse Mars (version 4.5.1) and JRE 1.7, but there are errors at the end of
this process and the Soot "View" is never visible.

Then I tried to compile Soot and its Eclipse Plugin from source and it worked.
I just had to change this line in file "SootThread.java":

setCfgList(soot.Scene.v().getPkgList());

into:

setCfgList(new ArrayList(soot.Scene.v().getPkgList()));

After generating  "soot-plugin.jar", I copied the entire directory
"ca.mcgill.sable.soot/" to my eclipse plugins directory. After restarting
Eclipse, the Soot "View" is still not available.

For our research, the use of the Eclipse is very important in the context of
the work entitled "Abstraction of Shape Analysis with Fast and Precise
Transformers" by Tal L., Neil I. and Mooly S. Specifically, I'm interested in
checking the "absence of null-dereferences", using both an abstraction and
concretization functions in abstract interpretation.

Best,
Vitor