[Soot-list] about custom entry points

liujiefeng liujiefeng at huawei.com
Tue Mar 7 22:56:50 EST 2017

Hi, there!

I’ve got some problems with custom entry points.
I’ve learned from https://github.com/Sable/soot/wiki/Using-Soot-with-custom-entry-points to analyze from custom entry point.
Options.v().parse(args);
SootClass c = Scene.v().forceResolve("MyEntryPoint", SootClass.BODIES);
c.setApplicationClass();
Scene.v().loadNecessaryClasses();
SootMethod method = c.getMethodByName("myMethod");
List entryPoints = new ArrayList();
entryPoints.add(method);
Scene.v().setEntryPoints(entryPoints);
PackManager.v().runPacks();

But I can’t use

To get to my method, it just always analyze from main method.
Since my project is using servlet, so I can’t just make a call in main method since request and response is not easy to new.

So I’m wondering:

1.       Is it possible to analyze from custom entry point throw the method above?

2.       If so, what is my problem? Does “myMethod” cannot just be String of method name?

Looking forward & with best regards.