[Soot-list] SOOT vs WALA for custom point-to analysis

yazriel at gmail.com yazriel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 12:32:14 EDT 2017

Hi All

I am considering a custom point-to analysis of a large java code base (pure
java, java 7 & 8, 1000s of files).
The analysis must be sound.

I am aiming to add some customization (some context-sensitivity /
intra-procedural) , and export the dependency graphs.
In the future, stubs may be required handle hibernate, file access mapping,
etc

I have used WALA in the past to write some source-to-sink string analysis 3
yrs ago.
But soot seems to be more popular these days (due to better android
support?!)

is SOOT a suitable tool for this today ?
Any major red flags ?

Comments would be appreciated.