[Soot-list] Soot Analysis aborted error

Hellen Ong seaweedandsushi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 03:12:29 EST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to use the command line tool to run the data flow tracker. I
used the following command:

*java -jar
soot-infoflow-cmd/target/soot-infoflow-cmd-jar-with-dependencies.jar  -a
Google_Duo_v24.0.178310191.DR24.0_RC13_apkpure.com.apk  -p
/home/choco/Android/Sdk/platforms  -s
/home/choco/Desktop/FlowDroid/FlowDroid-2.5.1/soot-infoflow-android/SourcesAndSinks.txt
-o
/home/choco/Desktop/FlowDroid/FlowDroid-2.5.1/analysis_output/output2.xml*

However, I received a message saying that " For information on where the
call graph may be incomplete, use the verbose option to the cg phase " and
that an error stating that " [main] ERROR
soot.jimple.infoflow.android.SetupApplication$InPlaceInfoflow - No sources
found, aborting analysis"

 The attached file has the full output when I executed the command

I am currently using this APK as a test. In my Android Platforms directory,
it has android-23 and android-27 folders. I have also used the default
"SourcesAndSinks.txt" file that can be found in the "soot-infoflow-android"
folder. I'm not sure if the callgraph was generated but since the analysis
was aborted, I presume the callgraph was not generated and the XML file
that contains the DataFlowResults is empty too.

Really appreciate any feedback that I can get :)

Thanks,
Hellen