[Soot-list] Help regarding to Instrumenting Android Apps with Soot

Maliha Sarwat sarwat.maliha456 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 06:33:52 EST 2018

Hi,
This is Maliha Sarwat. I have tried to run one of the demo code -
*AndroidInstrument.java
(https://github.com/Sable/soot/wiki/code/androidinstr/AndroidInstrument.java_.txt
<https://github.com/Sable/soot/wiki/code/androidinstr/AndroidInstrument.java_.txt>)
*for
Instrumenting Android Apps with Soot. I have tried to add the
dependencies of Soot in one of my test java projects but the dependencies
of soot could not be resolved and found so in maven is not be able to
build. I am attaching the lines which I have added to my project

<dependency>
    <groupId>ca.mcgill.sable</groupId>
    <artifactId>soot</artifactId>
    <version>3.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </dependency>

Then I have tried other ways. I have tried to add the soot jar externally
in my project and tried to run the demo code. But I got an exception of
java.lang.*NoClassDefFoundError *while building my project. I can not
resolve the exception yet. Please let me know how can I run the code. My os
is OSX and IDE is IntelliJ. Thanks in advance.

Yours Sincerely,

MALIHA SARWAT

Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).

Email: sarwat.maliha456 at gmail.com

linkedin.com/in/maliha-sarwat-112a7736
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/maliha-sarwat-112a7736>

Phone: +8801746176211 <+880%201746-176211>

‌