[Soot-list] Incorrect detection of classpath

Darius Sas d.sas at campus.unimib.it
Fri Jan 26 12:46:14 EST 2018

Hello, everyone.

After some tests, I noticed that for some reason soot does not load a
JAR file from the classpath I set up.

Here is my folder configuration:
$ tree my-dir
my-dir
├──classpath
│  ├── javax.jar
│  └── rt.jar
└──process-dir
   └── myjar.jar

The following line are the arguments I pass to soot (using
soot.Main.run(...)):
-p jb -p wjtp -cp my-dir/classpath/rt.jar:my-dir/classpath/javax.jar
-process-dir mydir/process-dir/myjar.jar

Using such configuration the class
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse is phantom, even if it was added
to the classpath.
Additionally, if I move javax.jar to process-dir the class is correctly
found.
Calling Scene.getSootClasspath() returns the correct classpath I set up
before.

Any ideas why this happens?
Help would be really appreciated.

Thank you very much!