[Soot-list] Kotlin as future programming language for Soot?

Patrick Lam patrick.lam at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 24 20:09:54 EDT 2018

It's good that Kotlin does interoperate with other JVM languages. I
guess my question is what the benefits of using Kotlin would be.
Certainly there is the drawback that Laurie pointed out of having
another technology. I do think that a lot of Soot doesn't need to be
modified by most users, so it's also a question of which parts would be
in Kotlin.

Looks like Kotlin was designed to compile faster than Scala. Ondrej is
probably the person who has worked most with Scala around here. I'd be
interested in his thoughts.

pat