[Soot-list] [Android][FlowDroid] Using FlowDroid to analyze data passed from Dalvik to Native Code

Sumaya Abdullah A Almanee salmanee at uci.edu
Tue Mar 12 22:02:05 EDT 2019

Hi Everyone,

I have recently started reading about and experimenting with FlowDroid. I
was wondering if FlowDroid (or a combination of FlowDroid and other tools)
can be used to track the sources of data passed to the native code (whether
it is custom or existing native libraries).
For example, in the following function of an Android app:

*private native void* nativeNotifyError(*int* var1, *String* var2);

I want to track the sources of the variables var1 and var2 to know what
values are passed to the nativeNotifyError function.
It seems that FlowDroid has a *Native Call Handling* component but I'm not
quite sure if it serves this purpose?

Thanks,
Sumaya