[Soot-list] [Android][FlowDroid] Using FlowDroid to analyze data passed from Dalvik to Native Code

Arzt, Steven steven.arzt at sit.fraunhofer.de
Wed Mar 13 09:02:12 EDT 2019

Hi Sumaya,

FYlowDroid processes all taints that are passed to native methods to an
INativeCallHandler implementation. If you want to apply any sort of reasoning
about the native code, such as integrating a native code analysis framework
into FlowDroid, that is indeed the interface you need to implement. In that
interface, FlowDroid calls the getTaintedValues method with the current
statement that invokes the native method, the current taint abstractions, and
the parameters that are passed to the native method. Note that the sources are
not immediately available here. However, you can always register a taint
abstraction as a result (a leak) through the InfoflowManager. In the end,
FlowDroid collects all the registered results (which are essentials taint
abstractions at statements) and identifies the corresponding sources.

Best regards,

  Steven