I'm a second-year Ph.D. candidate supervised by Professor Laurie Hendren at McGill. Before starting my Ph.D., I had worked on an array programming language, APL, for 5 years. I collaborated with Dr. Wai-Mee Ching on creating a new programming language, ELI(wiki | homepage), which was an ASCII version of APL. Currently, I'm working on MATLAB which is a dynamic language widely used in the field of engineering.
Please feel free to contact me. (firstname.lastname [AT] mail.mcgill.ca)
- [ Access ] ELI, a simple system for array programming
- [ Access ] Mc2Mc, a MATLAB to MATLAB source code translator for MATLAB vectorization
- [ Access ] ECC, an ELI to C compiler
Hanfeng Chen, Wai-Mee Ching, and Laurie Hendren, An ELI-to-C Compiler: Design, Implementation, and Performance, 4th ACM SIGPLAN International Workshop of Libraries, Languages and Compilers for Array Programming (ARRAY '17), pp. 9-16, June 2017.
Hanfeng Chen, Alexander Krolik, Erick Lavoie, and Laurie Hendren, "Automatic vectorization for MATLAB". The 29th International Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing (LCPC '16), Rochester, NY, USA, pp. 171-187, September 2016.
- COMP 409: Concurrent Programming, Winter 2017
- COMP 520: Compiler Design, Winter 2017