[Soot-list] accessing basic blocks

kevin kdean1 at gmu.edu
Wed Apr 19 16:22:24 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am a new soot user and am trying to use soot to perform some simple
profiling on basic blocks. I have an algorithm which basically monitors the
basic blocks of a program and creates a "hot subpath list" (ie. The most
frequently accessed paths). However, I am having major problems in finding
out how to access the basic blocks using soot. I noticed in the API that
there is a BlockGraph class which accepts a Unitgraph. But I am not sure how
to access this. Do I need to do this in a BodyTransformer? Or in a
SceneTransformer? Or neither? I went through all the tutorials and have dug
through the archives of the mailing list but could not find much information
regarding this. I would greatly appreciate any help in how to do this.
Thanks for your time.

Kevin