Re: [abc-users] On modifying abc

From: Oege de Moor <Oege.de.Moor@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Thu Aug 18 2005 - 19:55:18 BST

Hi Eduardo,

I'd suggest first looking at the paper "Optimising AspectJ"
(http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/papers#pldi2005)

and then at the source to find out more about how it's implemented.
Sascha's dissertation on the implementation of the around weaver
(http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/theses#kuzins-sep04)
may also help.

The later parts of our AOSD 2005 tutorial have some starting
points for implementing analyses and optimisations as well:
(http://abc.comlab.ox.ac.uk/talks#aosd05tutorial)

You'll need to gain an understanding of Soot (the framework
on which the backend of abc is built), and the documentation
for that is at http://www.sable.mcgill.ca/soot/

Of course we're happy to help with specific issues you may
have. Do you already have optimisations in mind that you'd
like to implement?

-Oege