Re: SableCC event driven?

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 11:19:50AM -0500, Etienne Gagnon wrote:
> I would, instead, recommend using a Subversion snapshot of
> a private tag of indrek's code, e.g.
>
> svn co
> svn://svn.sablecc.org/developers/indrek/tags/[whatever-tag-indrek-recommends]

Is it possible for a nightly snapshot to be built and made available for
straightforward ftp or http download on the website? Some of us are still
without subversion clients.

> This way, it becomes easy to:
> 1- unambiguously duocument the "base code" on which modifications are
>    based, by simply including the output of:
>      svn info
>    along with patches.
> 2- provide "unified diffs" against the base code, for the modifications and
> new code,
>    provided that:
>      svn add xyz
>    was done for all new files "xyz".  [To make sure no file was forgotten,
>    a simple
>      svn st
>    tags every non-added file by preceding it with an "?"].
>
>    The unified diff is obtained by running:
>      svn diff
>    that's it!
>
> At least, this is what I think as the best approach.

For sure it would be the best approach. I look forward to subversion
reaching the heady heights of a beta release.

--
Jon Shapcott <eden@xibalba.demon.co.uk>
"This is the Space Age, and we are Here To Go" - Wlliam S. Burroughs