Re: jasmin 1.05<->1.2 incompatibility, or...?

Grzegorz B. Prokopski <gadek@debian.org> wrote:
> /usr/bin/jasmin SVMTestInlinabilityBytecodeVerificationFields.j -d .
> SVMTestInlinabilityBytecodeVerificationFields.j:17: Warning - Syntax
> error.
> .field public aByte
>                     ^

I ran "soot.Main -f jasmin" on a class with fields, and it looks like
you need double quotes around your field names.  Your line above
becomes:

.field public "aByte" B

Seems to work fine after that.

> Or maybe the syntax of this construction has been changed somehow?
> How can it be fixed? (or do I see "white rabbits" two days in a row?
> ;-) I'd be thankful for help w/ solving this problem. Somehow I
> don't feel very inclined to revert to years old version...

I'm honestly not sure jasmin-sable was ever meant to be used outside
of Soot.  The README specifically says it's a "specialized version"
for Soot -- probably to do stuff like handle code attributes.

My guess is that your best bet is to stick with 1.0.6, although
someone more knowledgeable might want to comment -- perhaps indeed
you'd benefit from bugfixes in jasmin-sable.

Cheers,
Navin.