Re: jasmin 1.05<->1.2 incompatibility, or...?

W liście z pią, 23-01-2004, godz. 00:52, Navindra Umanee pisze:
> I ran "soot.Main -f jasmin" on a class with fields, and it looks like
> you need double quotes around your field names.  Your line above
> becomes:
>
> .field public "aByte" B
>
> Seems to work fine after that.

Ah, exactly. Not a big change but you have to know that.

> > Or maybe the syntax of this construction has been changed somehow?
> > How can it be fixed? (or do I see "white rabbits" two days in a row?
> > ;-) I'd be thankful for help w/ solving this problem. Somehow I
> > don't feel very inclined to revert to years old version...
>
> I'm honestly not sure jasmin-sable was ever meant to be used outside
> of Soot.  The README specifically says it's a "specialized version"
> for Soot -- probably to do stuff like handle code attributes.
>
> My guess is that your best bet is to stick with 1.0.6, although
> someone more knowledgeable might want to comment -- perhaps indeed
> you'd benefit from bugfixes in jasmin-sable.
Debian package jasmin-sable is already waiting for acceptance in NEW
queue. But let's look at it from the positive side. If somebody ever
decided to package Soot for Debian - he'd have one piece already
packaged ;)

Thanks for all the responses

					Grzegorz B. Prokopski
--