[Soot-list] Beginner's points-to question

Richard Warburton richard.warburton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 10:55:09 EST 2008

> Hi, Richard. There is no whole-program must-alias analysis in Soot.
> (and I think there is none on this planet) Points-to sets can only be
> used to decide may-aliasing. Two variables cannot alias if their
> points-to sets do not intersect.
>
> Our SVN version of Soot has however an intraprocedural must-alias analysis:
>
> soot.jimple.toolkits.pointer.LocalMustAliasAnalysis
>
> Maybe that one is good enough for you?
>
> If you find an interprocedural must-alias analysis or wish to develop
> one, please let me know!

Hi, thanks for the fast response - I probably should have clarified
this before hand!  An interprocedural one will be more than fine - I
am not interested in alias analysis (per say) just using it.  I am
wondering in general - is svn trunk fairly stable.  I mean this in the
sense that I expect some bugs to appear every now and then, but my
question is more whether 'experimental' features get added in
branches, or does trunk regularly not work?

An alternative would be if its possible to use the must-alias analysis
against soot 2.2.4?

  Richard