[Soot-list] question about "java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException"

k3e huan k3e.huan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 12:36:50 EDT 2010

Hi,
  I met a problem when I was trying to use Soot analyze one GWT sample
application (the one that is generated automatically by its
"webAppCreator.cmd" ). I have tried my best to solve this but no lucky yet.
  The problem is: when I was trying to generate jimple file from Java source
code in Eclipse (with Soot plug-in installed), it reports an exception:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.
  Following is the log message:

Soot started on Sun Mar 21 12:17:55 EDT 2010
No main class given. Inferred 'com.zkh.gwt.test2.client.Test2' as main
class.
[Call Graph] For information on where the call graph may be incomplete, use
the verbose option to the cg phase.
    at
    at
    at ca.mcgill.sable.soot.launching.SootThread.run(SootThread.java:138)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: This operation requires resolving
level SIGNATURES but com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT is at resolving level
DANGLING
If you are extending Soot, try to add the following call before calling
soot.Main.main(..):
Scene.v().addBasicClass(com.google.gwt.core.client.GWT,SIGNATURES);
Otherwise, try whole-program mode (-w).
    at soot.SootClass.checkLevel(SootClass.java:121)
   (.... there are other call stack informations)

I am using the original Soot, and have also tried whole-program mode (-w) ,
but the problem still here. Here is the command-line given in Eclipse
console (class path is too long and has been omitted):
soot.Main --f J --w --app --d F:\prj\soot\workspace\Test2\sootOutput --cp ##
classpath ## --keep-line-number --xml-attributes --src-prec java
com.zkh.gwt.test2.client.Test2

Anyone have some idea on this problem? Thanks.

Kehuan