[Soot-list] Does ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis need UnitGraphs?

Eric Bodden bodden at st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Feb 9 03:33:31 EST 2011

Hi Daniel.

> Does ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis
> need a UnitGraph?

I had a look at that class. I am afraid that indeed there appears to
be some indication that at least something like a UnitGraph is needed.
The problem is the following: ForwardBranchedFlowAnalysis needs to
distinguish a "fall through" successor from a "branching" successor
because the flow information for both cases are passed to the
flowThrough method in different argument positions. A regular
DirectedGraph has no information, however, about which edges are
fall-through edges and which ones are branching edges.

It may be possible to introduce another interface, extending
DirectedGraph with that information, though, which UnitGraph would
then have to implement. But I am not sure if that would be helpful to
you.

Dr. Eric Bodden, http://bodden.de/
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Coordinator of the CASED Advisory Board of Study Affairs
PostDoc at Software Technology Group, Technische Universität Darmstadt
Tel: +49 6151 16-5478    Fax: +49 6151 16-5410
Mailing Address: S2|02 A209, Hochschulstraße 10, 64289 Darmstadt