[Soot-list] Pre-processing of Jimple Code

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Wed Apr 4 04:24:54 EDT 2012

Hi all.

I have now repeatedly had reports of people who are trying to modify
Jimple code (adding methods etc.) before analysis. For this reason,
some time ago I added two new packs, wjpp and wspp, which both run at
the very beginning, but *only* if whole-program mode is enabled. This
causes trouble for people who are not interested in running in
whole-program mode, due to the associated costs.

Hence, I am now thinking of either modifying the PackManager to run
wjpp and wspp unconditionally, no matter whether -w is enabled, or to
add another pack that will be run unconditionally. I wonder what
people would prefer or if someone has an even better idea.

Best wishes,

Eric Bodden, Ph.D., http://bodden.de/
Head of Secure Software Engineering Group at EC SPRIDE
Principal Investigator in Secure Services at CASED
Tel: +49 6151 16-75422    Fax: +49 6151 16-72051
Room 3.2.14, Mornewegstr. 30, 64293 Darmstadt