[Soot-list] My first SPARK example from the survivor's guide runs out of memory

Lei Shang shang1982 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 19:31:40 EST 2012

Hi, Zell.

What's your JVM heap size and your JDK version? Running that example in my
computer takes 39 seconds and 408 MB memory usage.
You might need to try to test with "java -Xmx1G" to increase JVM heap size.
Note that, even with a simple example, Soot still needs to analyze lots of
methods and classes from library.
In my testing, even this simple example only has 3 app classes and 7 app
methods, it actually analyze 2159 classes and 20820 methods in total.

Lei