[Soot-list] Soot release

Eric Bodden eric.bodden at ec-spride.de
Tue Jan 15 02:25:20 EST 2013

Hi Marc-Andre.

> So one possibility is that some projects would depend on the Polyglot
> AST - maybe some rewriting of some kind?

Yes, such tools do exist.

> If that is the case, then we have to keep this component working
> forever. But I would like to have their maintainers confirming that need.

I would be ok with marking the support as deprecated, though,
discouraging people to still build on it in the future.

I am not quite clear what your motivation is for removing polyglot
anyway. It's true that our polyglot-related code is old and in some
parts buggy but it did not seem to hurt much over the past few years.
Did you encounter any problems with it?