Re: [abc-users] abc [HEAD] - Java1.5 fetaures

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:50:19 +0000

Hi Thomas,

It is true that abc does not support Java 5 at present. However, there
are some efforts underway to fix this. In particular, we have a new
JastAdd-based front-end for abc [see upcoming AOSD paper], and the
JastAddJ extensible Java compiler has a module for Java 5 support (this
is the Java1.5Frontend you mention), so the hope is that once we get
everything into a finished enough state it would be quite easy to add.

In what sort of timeframe would you need Java 5 support?

Cheers,
- Pavel