Re: [abc-users] abc [HEAD] - Java1.5 fetaures

From: Pavel Avgustinov <pavel.avgustinov_at_magd.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:40:39 +0000

Hi again,

I've just talked to some of my colleagues about this. Could you tell us what
exactly you need in terms of Java 5 support? Would you simply like to be able
to compile Java 5 source (and use aspects as they currently are)? That should
be easily doable, and we'll try it out in the near future -- if it works well
it might make it into the next release, tentatively scheduled for the end of
the month. [Note, however, that you can also compile your java 5 source with
a java 5 compiler like javac and then use abc to weave into the resulting
bytecode...]

If you also want things like pointcut matching on annotations or other
AspectJ5 features, then this might be a little bit further in the future,
although we do plan to look at it (particularly if there is demand).

- P