Re: java-getopt

At 05:38 PM 8/26/01 -0400, Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:
>Hi Raif and Mariusz,
>
>First, a question to Raif:  I assume you have permission of (yourself
>and/or your employer and/or your University, ...) to contribute this
>code, and you are willing to license it under the same license as
>SableCC (which is the LGPL + I reserve the right to clarify a few points
>if ambiguities arise, like I want to make sure "generated code" is free
>from any license requirement).  Right?

yes.  it's my personal work and i'm contributing it for use under the same
conditions as SableCC.

>Please let me know who is the copyright holder on your code, so that I
>can add his/her name to the list of copyright holders.

i am.

>Mariusz Nowostawski wrote:
> > Sounds good, please send it over to me and I will check it in and apply
> > all necessary corrections, if others agree.
>
>I agree ;-)
>
> > what license is java-getopt distributed under? (if it is GPLed we
> > simply cannot use it).
>
>As far as I know, it is (was?) licensed under the LGPL, which is
>perfectly compatible with SableCC.

correct (clarified in a previous message).

>Ideally, we should extract the necessary classes from java-getopt and
>include them within the sablecc.jar file, but this means we also have to
>display the java-getopt license information along SableCC's when invoked
>with the --license option.  This should be easy to implement.  I can
>take care of it once the new code is in CVS.

sounds good.

> > > in the process i removed the dependency on Executable --which is no
> longer
> > > needed.  i also added a new option (q, quiet) to reduce the verbosity of
> > > the processing, and renamed 'with-Tools' to just (t, tools).
>
>That's fine with me too.  Mariusz?
>
> > > finally the build.xml was amended to include, and download it from Aron's
> > > site if necessary, the contents of java-getopt-1.0.8 jar.
>
>As long as we also provide it within the distributed source package,
>that's fine.

cool.

> > > are thsee changes of interest to the maintainers? if yes whom should
> i send
> > > them to?
>
>Mariusz, which deserves many thanks.

it's happening as we speak ;-)

>Thanks a lot,

thank you, Mariusz and all the others who are contributing to making
SableCC an increasingly better tool for the Java programmer.  i'm glad i
can be of help.

cheers;
rsn