SableCC 3.x project

Hi Mariusz, Raif, Xuan,
and Everybody,

I think that it is an excellent idea to start collecting a wish-list for
SableCC 3.x.  Once we have compiled an initial wish-list, I will start
drafting a project proposal for SableCC 3.x (additionally including my
own many ideas/wishes and a draft grammar), and submit it to open
discussion on this list.  Once the objectives are agreed upon, we will
be in position to make a more precise workplan.

Unlike SableCC 2.x, which has been mostly a one person project
(initially, at least), the SableCC 3.x effort will be a collaborative
effort from the start.  I will (if you agree) continue to lead (and
contribute largely to) the development effort.  My main objective is to
keep SableCC as an intuitive yet (more) powerful tool that generates
robust code.  As always, I remain open to all sugesstions for making
SableCC a better tool.

So, if you have any idea you would like to add to the wish-list, simply
write it down in a message and send it on this list.

Is there a volunteer that wishes to take care of compiling the
suggestions?  (I can set up the appropriate SourceForge permissions and
tools for that person to manage a "public" wish-list document).  I can
do it myself too, if nobody wants the job...  The important is to send
your suggestions!

Thanks,

Etienne
--